20 Empowering Quotes to Use In Yoga Classes
There’s nothing better than being in a yoga class and hearing a perfectly placed quote that takes your practice to the next level. These quotes can offer a new level of inspiration and empowerment that wouldn’t be possible in any other way.
As a yoga teacher, i’m always looking for new quotes to weave into my classes and today i’m sharing 20 of my favorites with you! Whether you’re a yoga teacher or just love a good quote, this list will serve as a helpful tool for you.
- 20 Empowering Quotes for Yoga -
1. “What you seek is seeking you.” ~ Rumi
2. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all.” ~ Oscar Wilde
4. “When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump. Otherwise you end up staying in the same place you whole life.” ~Abel Morales
5. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your perspective.” ~ Maya Angelou
6. “I bend so that I don’t break.” ~ unknown
7. “A healer does not heal you. A healer is someone who holds space for you while you awaken your inner healer so that you may heal yourself.” ~ Maryam Hasnaa
8. “Buddha was asked: What have you gained from meditation? He replied: Nothing. However, let me tell you what I have lost: Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Insecurity, Fear of Old Age and Death.” ~ Buddha
9. “Not all who wander are lost.” ~ J. R. R. Tolkein
10. “If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.” ~ Buddha
11. “Sometimes you have to forget what you want to remember what you deserve.” ~ unknown
12. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past, or a pioneer of the future.” ~ Deepak Chopra
13. “You are a child of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should.” ~ Max Ehrmann
14. “Travel light, Live light, Spread the light, Be the light.” ~ Yogi Bhajan
15. “Stop acting so small. You are the Universe in ecstatic motion.” ~ Rumi
16. “Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.” ~ B. K. S. Iyengar
17. “No one saves us but ourselves.” ~ Buddha
18. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” ~ Anais Nin
19. “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” ~ Richard David Bach
20. “There is no controlling life.
Try corralling a lightning bolt,
containing a tornado. Dam a
stream and it will create a new
channel. Resist, and the tide
will sweep you off your feet.
Allow, and grace will carry
you to higher ground. The only
safety lies in letting it all in -
the wild and the weak; fear,
fantasies, failures and success.
When loss rips off the doors of
the heart, or sadness veils your
vision with despair, practice
becomes simply bearing the truth.
In the choice to let go of your
known way of being, the whole
world is revealed to your new eyes.”
If you weave one of these quotes into a class, comment below!