Our homes are where most of us spend a lot of time at, whether we are sleeping, studying, eating or relaxing. Having a home that inspires us is so important for our wellbeing! Below are 8 simple ways to make your home even more inspiring!
Here are 8 simple ways to make your home an even more inspiring and uplifting space~
1. Have some plants in your home
Plants do many things for your home! Not only do they create a more healing and relaxing space but they also cleanse the air and provide you with more oxygen. If you feel like you have a hard time keeping plants alive, start with some plants like Mother-in-Law Tongue or White Lilly - plants that are hardy and need little light. Avoid plants that may require more work or skill like most flowers and focus on simple plants. Plants are my personal favorite thing to collect and my home is full of them!
2. Get a Salt Lamp
Salt lamps are not only beautiful but they also provide your home with negative ions which promote relaxation! Their glow is also healing and may help to balance minerals in your body. I like to have a salt lamp in my living room as well as my bedroom to create a relaxing space. Salt lamps can be purchased at most crystal stores and I recommend buying them from somewhere reputable like a local crystal store. There are "fake" salt lamps on the market and so they should cost around $30, depending on the size.
3. Sage your home regularly Energetically cleanse your space regularly! An easy way to do that is to create a routine with each New Moon to cleanse your home. All you'll need is a sage bundle and a lighter. Read more about saving your home here.
4. Allow fresh air to flow into your home
Whenever you can, open a window and let fresh air come into your home. Especially in the winter, it's easy to keep the windows and doors shut for 5 months. If you want to keep your home (and yourself!) properly oxygenated, open a window once a week.
5. Remove clutter
It's time to go through your home and throw away stuff you no longer use! Spend some time going through your home creating a throw away pile and donate pile. You will feel much lighter after getting rid of clutter!
6. Decorate in a way that inspires you Allow yourself to be creative and truly decorate in a way that inspires you! Having inspiring artwork around your home is one of the easiest ways to make your home feel more authentic to you.
7. Make your home a reflection of you If you have felt obligated to keep old family pieces of furniture or if your home is full of furniture that you don't really like, it may be time to slowly start to shift that. Your home should feel like a haven to you and so it may be wise to get rid of things that you don't like.
8. Make your home a peaceful space
When you are home, be mindful of what you are doing there. Are you having intense phone calls or getting into chronic arguments with your partner? Be mindful of what happens in this space and try to move arguments or intense work to another place. Your home is your space to relax and rejuvenate and so anything that causes more stress should be done somewhere else.
Create your home into your most sacred space! What are your favorite ways to create a healing environment?